The girls' closet (on the left are all our infant clothes, organized by size; this closet took a long time):
Monday, May 18, 2009
Nesting...
All our closets are officially clean and organized, as is my desk. Matt and I have a contract for me to keep my desk organized and clothes put away in exchange for him putting the toys away in the right spot (his half of the room is already clean, but this trade gets at two things we each do...me more than Matt...that occasionally bug each other, so it's a good trade). I'm happy because I actually found all of the missing pieces for most of our puzzles. Naomi isn't really that into puzzles right now, but somehow we seem to lose all the pieces anyway. I guess because rather than putting the pieces together, she instead prefers to hide them around the house. :-P But now they are found!
The girls' closet (on the left are all our infant clothes, organized by size; this closet took a long time):
Another gratuitous picture of Naomi dressed up as a princess. She spends a lot of time pretending and acting things out right now--*especially* pretending to have her animals or bath toys play hide and seek with each other. I'll see if I can get it on tape sometime--I cannot tell you how hilarious she thinks this game is. Another funny thing she has started doing is "reading" books like a teacher (holding the book up in front of her for other people to see) wherever we go...at the park, walking down the street, you name it. It definitely wins some smiles from passers-by!
Nesting part II: an attempt at a project for the new baby. Black and white pictures laminated with some extra self-laminating sheets from a friend. We never got any of these (nor the black and white board books that are also very big these days) for Naomi, which is sort of the point. I want to make sure this baby has some things that are special for her...since in reality the vast majority of what we have for her is going to be hand-me-downs from Naomi. Which is also fine, I just don't want it to be universal.
Close-up of the other side of the smaller cards. The pictures were scrounged online one night when I could not sleep--kind of cute, eh? Not exactly a quilt or anything elaborate, but it's something. Good enough for an infant who doubtless could not care less about any of this anyway.
Now back to relearning everything I've forgotten during the past two years....
The girls' closet (on the left are all our infant clothes, organized by size; this closet took a long time):