Sage was born yesterday, May 22 at 2:17pm. My water broke around 9:15, but it took me a while to be convinced that is really what happened because I wasn't really having any contractions to speak of at the time. I walked up to the hospital at 10, had a magical epidural around noon (no numbness again, just a dramatic reduction in pain), and just a very lovely birth overall, followed by some nice time together as a family immediately after the birth and almost zero recovery pain. We walked home from the hospital this afternoon, again in no pain, and I am physically feeling *fantastic*. I am a little surprised, because I remember it taking literally weeks before I felt this good after Naomi was born.
Emotionally...emotions are high. But I think we are going to be ok. We will see.
In spite of being kind of little (and she is actually not little for gestational age, just little compared to the average baby because she was born a couple of weeks early, which is OK), Sage is great. Healthy. No problems. And I need to sleep....