Saturday, May 09, 2009

Day 15

So, it looks like our plants are actually growing so far. We do have two plants (the scallions and bell peppers, I think) which have not really sprouted, but the rest of the seeds we planted seem to be doing well, and the tomatoes (hidden behind Naomi), basil, and cilantro all seem to have grown now that I compare them to this picture from two weeks ago:PS--in the first picture, Naomi is holding another zinnia which she brought home from daycare as a Mother's day present for me. Granted, that day we ended up going shopping (to a store where the sales-lady made a serious attempt at convincing me to make a cast of my belly....anyone want to venture a guess as to which store this might be? If you've been there before, you should be able to predict it...and no, it was not a cast-making store!), so this pot has been carried all over the city and will probably not sprout unless I transplant one of the zinnias from another pot into it to avoid disappointing Naomi.Matt did a triathlon in New Jersey today. Naomi and I had a complicated morning and but ended up on the west side at a kite festival where she made a kite that we all later attempted to fly from our balcony.Then we took the kite to the river, where we had a little more success.So, an update on Naomi and baby sister. Naomi has decided that she would like to be a fireman when she grows up. She can tell you ALL about what firemen do. It's pretty cute, though on behalf of her lungs, I hope she changes her mind (really I just feel badly for all of the firefighters who have permanent debilitating lung damage after 9-11). Meanwhile baby sister has decided to start giving me a little more grief. I am feeling a little crappy (I think this is detailed enough for a public blog), and I am mildly afraid of the potential implications of the fact that this child already DOES NOT SLEEP, but so it goes. As long as she stays in for at least another week, I will be happy.