Daycare party--loving the attention!
Afterward, we invited Naomi's best friend and his family over for some tortellini (Naomi's favorite), salad (for the rest of us), and cake. I was a little worried about the cake, because it was one of those odd no-sugar whole wheat ultra-healthy cakes I am always trying to make, that frequently....disappoint. That, and I realized half-way into it that we don't have any round cake pans, and after putting the whipped cream on that I should have refrigerated first. Still, cosmetics aside, this cake was legitimately delicious. Unfortunately I look awful in this picture, but I had a big exam this weekend, and another one this morning. And I was really, really, really tired. At least Naomi looks fantastic!
We forgot about candles (and didn't even make an attempt at decorations), but we did NOT forget to sing Happy Birthday. Samuel and Naomi kept getting such a kick out of it that we ended up singing three or four times.