We are back, it is fall, it is September 11th. A day of grieving, but also, I think of new appreciation for the beauty of life that continues. It was certainly a beautiful day, the first day that really felt and smelled like the beginnings of fall, cool and bright and alive. And there a lot to be happy about. Most notably in good news of late, Naomi started daycare last week and hit the ground absolutely running the first day.

Her teachers are great (I feel so grateful that she has always been taken care of people who've been very loving to her, even though things ended imperfectly with our nanny this summer), and she LOVES being around several other kids all the time. She talks all the time about the teachers and other kids in her class, runs in when Matt drops her off each day, and really just seems to be having a blast. They do art projects every day, sing songs, read books, play in Central Park a block away, nap, eat, share, cook, and do a good mix, I think, of structured preschool-type activities and more free-form self-directed play. It's a great fit for an outgoing, rambunctious almost-2-year-old, and I'm extremely relieved that things have gone so utterly smoothly thus far.
Naomi LESS THAN TWO YEARS AGO:

...now all grown up as a serious New Yorker.

Luckily not too old or independent yet to sit on a lap for stories.

She is growing up quickly!