Naomi and I reading the Cat in the Hat Comes Back. Ah, Cat in the Hat. Last night I had a dream that the Cat in the Hat was trying to kill me, but I could not get the police to help me out because my claim didn't sound plausible. It was actually a very distressing dream. Anyway, this book was one of the first books with an actual plot that Naomi really started liking to listen to (a good thing). But then the love turned into a sort of obsession (a monotonous thing). We didn't take the Cat in the Hat on vacation with us because I was sick of reading it, but Naomi asked for it so many times in the car, that I finally started reciting the thing by memory. It turned out I had the entire thing memorized (with the exception of the order of items on the page where the Cat puts everything away). Anyway. When we got to Cape Cod, we visited the library because once again I wanted to burn the books we brought (I can only read Dora's Backpack so many times before experiencing this emotion), and.... lo and behold, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back was on sale for 25 cents. It was fate. Note the look of utter joy on Naomi's enraptured face.
Chatham beach. Chatham was one of the few kind of snobbish places we went on Cape Cod, but it was a great bikeride, and had one of the best beaches (and a REAL playground and train museum.
We took a daytrip to Martha's Vineyard, which turned out to be a very hard day due to the combination of rain and missed naptime. But the gingerbread houses in Oak Bluffs were cool.
See how much fun the ferry was? :-P
Pirate ship along the Cape Canal bike trail.
I took this picture while biking, and we nearly had a three person crash.