Saturday, September 27, 2008

Daycare update

It turns out now Naomi not only likes daycare...but loves it enough that she doesn't want to leave when I come to pick her up. I am happy, but sad. But I do recognize how great it is that she loves her teachers and class. She had some difficulty in the beginning with hitting and pushing, and a couple weeks later with taking her clothes off at the park, but overall she has apparently been pretty well behaved. Over the weekend she started singing a song she must have learned at daycare that goes "Jump in the water, Naomi. You're all wet. Shake you're body Naomi. Now sit down." It sounds like the kids sit around in a circle made out of bean-bags and take turns dancing in the middle. We got a little bit of Naomi dancing to this song on tape, but things have been a little busy, so the video may go up a little later. Suffice it to say, it is ADORABLE.
Riding her "bike"
Watching some dancing monks the weekend before last:
Ward picnic.Anyway. We have been good lately. The weather has been dismal, and I am a little sad about not going upstate for Rosh Hashanah (tomorrow and Wednesday....MORE rain forecast, boooo), but we'll make it out of the city one of these weekends soon!

Oh yeah, and I am 27. Matt and I went to In the Heights (thanks to a very kind friend), which I LOVED! Could not recommend it enough. And we had dinner with my long-time best friend from good old Bountiful High who still lives a stone's throw away here in Manhattan! That's it for now. Life is busy, but good.