Top Ten Things I Love About Matt:
1. He is the best person to have a passionate discussion with. He thinks deeply about things, is not afraid to be completely open about his thoughts, and will not let me slide without defending myself when he disagrees.
2. He is ambitious and a hard worker, and for (I believe) the right reasons. He believes in the importance of doing something you love, and doing it well, for the sake of the thing itself.
3. Matt is incredibly supportive of me in pursuing my goals. He not only supports me verbally, but is really physically there for me when I need him, helping out at home, encouraging me to study and sign up for extracurricular events, being excited for me, etc.
4. He is a great dad. He plays with Naomi, reads to her, takes her to storytime and Aha, tools around the city with both of us, enjoys her, keeps her in line, thinks about what would be good for her, looks forward to her future, gets up with her early when she wakes up before she's "supposed to", and just all around loves her.
5. He is hot. :-)
6. He puts so much effort into having a good relationship with me. He is a great listener, a thoughtful husband, and a spectacular friend. I always *know* our relationship is a top priority to him, no matter what else may be going on.
7. He changes. Matt today is not Matt six months ago, or Matt six months before that. He is always in a dynamic state of change, always learning, testing things out one way or another, looking for the best balance in life, and the best way of doing things.
8. He has a great sense of humor.
9. He is very smart.
10. He is very fun!! We lead a very hectic life between the three of us (in which Naomi, Queen Tenacity, works the hardest of us all) and we still have tons of fun together! I could not be happier with who I chose to marry, and am quite grateful indeed that he chose to marry me! So Happy Birthday Matt!
And now a couple of pictures (of course).
After dinner at One if by Land, Two if by Sea:
Matt at The Bitter End: