Sunday, January 18, 2009

What to do when it is too cold to go to a playground...

We've had a good weekend so far. Lots of playing around the house. Matt and I went to a fantastic dance performance by Rebecca Jennejohn Dance. Naomi went to an *awesome* birthday party at the 92nd Street Y. Honestly, I know it is easy to make fun of NYC parents for going all out on birthday parties for little kids, BUT...when the weather says it "feels like -8", it is definitely a treat for all the other parents to be able to let their kids run around in an indoor jungle-gym for two hours having a blast. You can't complain.

Also in big news for the weekend, we took a little trip to the Children's Place for Naomi to pick out some new underwear. We still have not figured out when would be a good time to really focus on toilet training for a few days, but I feel like we should just go ahead and let her try to grow up if she is so hell-bent on it. I mean really, who are we to stand in her way?

More ballerina pictures:Tomorrow is MLK day. Naomi and I have the day off, but Matt doesn't. It's supposed to be a little warmer (every time I try to complain about the cold here, our Canadian friends from the building point out that in Quebec it is -40, or in such and such town it is -55...all of which simply goes to show that no one should willingly move to Canada!) so maybe we will try to venture out somewhere. I'm not sure where yet.