Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Part I: The Vegas Bowl

We had a great Christmas vacation this year. In an effort to save several hundred dollars in airfare, we flew out earlier than we should have (three days before finals were over...I am still nervous about one grade I haven't gotten back yet), and back later than we should have (a day after school began for me, the afternoon Matt was supposed to be back to work....to a disastrously messy apartment complete with dead Christmas tree, rotten vegetables in the fridge, etc). On the up-side, we did have about two and a half weeks straight of vacation in Utah (a luxury I don't expect again anytime soon).

One of the first things we did was drive down to Las Vegas for the Vegas bowl. Matthew was a walk-on for the BYU football team this year, and dressed for this game, so we were all very excited to see him. Naomi is now fully trained to say "BYU! BYU! BYU!" anytime she hears the word "football". It was not a happy final score, but we did have fun. Matt, Naomi, me, Sarah:
Our favorite player on BYU's team:

Naomi, my mom, Matt: