Our last friday in Utah, I went skiing with my dad. Meanwhile Jayne took a snowboard lesson for the first time (she got a snowboard for her birthday). I don't seem to go skiing a ton anymore, but I really, really love it. There is just something so exhilarating about catching a good rhythm on a beautiful slope. Which is also why I don't understand why anyone who already knows how to ski would give that up to be a beginner again on a snowboard...but Jayne had a blast. We also went skiing another day with Jayne and Matt, who is surprisingly good for only learning a couple years ago. Anyway. Later that night, Matt and I drove down to St George for a short weekend to ourselves. It was fun! We spent most of our time at Zion's national park.

The park was almost completely deserted, but there were still some great scenic drives and some hikes that were not closed due to ice. The drive up Kolob canyon was closed, though, so we hiked up the main road (which was snowed over) instead. We stopped when the animal to human footprint ratio got a little out of hand. When we got back in the car we realized we had been hiking in about 10 degree weather, but it was truly gorgeous! You just cannot beat southern Utah when it comes to pure natural beauty:

Hiking along the river:

I just think these cliffs are absolutely gorgeous:

More cliffs: