Saturday, July 19, 2008

Oh the Wonderful Sounds Miss Naomi Can Do...

Naomi is really good at "reading" books these days. Her specialty is sound effects... Not a bad "comet" imitation, eh?

In all seriousness though, we are starting to really get into books more. I'm happy because we're finally getting to the point where we can start reading books that I like too and can appreciate (not that there's anything wrong with "Baby Faces" and "10 Button Book"...). But we are getting near the point where books really start opening up worlds of imagination, where I actually like them and can convey that interest, which is exciting to me. And it is no longer a struggle to get Naomi to sit still!! She's developed an attention span, amazing!

Also exciting for the day, I got to act as the "presenting clinician" at EHHOP in the morning for a patient who spoke only Spanish. I'm really learning a lot of Spanish these days. Major thumbs up. :-)