Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Three!!

Naomi is officially three years old! She had a little mini-party at school which both Matt and I were able to go to. That night we had a little party with just our family and then a "Curious George" party with mostly school friends on Saturday. For those who cannot tell, Matt is dressed up as the man with the yellow hat in the picture below--he came to read a story to the kids, who all wore Curious George masks, danced around a little, did a little playdough playing, and ate some cake. Naomi did have a couple short-lived meltdowns, but overall I think she had a great time."No more monkeys jumping on the bed"...More playing cards. :)Priceless:I forgot to mention Naomi and I also had another date for a Lollipops concert on Saturday. We signed up for a three concert series, which is fun because we sat in front of the same little girl Naomi's age as last time. This concert was not quite as much of a hit as Peter and the Wolf....but it was fun. It was based in part on Make Way for Ducklings. The next and last concert is in December. Maybe for that one I will actually be on the ball enough to borrow the corresponding book *before* the concert rather than a month later. But probably not. :)

This weekend it is Matt and my turn for a date.