Saturday, April 18, 2009

Community Health Fair

My school puts on a community health fair in East Harlem (ie, right outside of the hospital) every spring. Last year I planned a health screening, but this year I just painted faces. Naomi and Matt came too, and Naomi ended up playing in the giant bounce house for almost four hours straight. At first she could not climb the stairs to the slide by herself (they were kind of hard), but by the end of the day she was really good at it.We were nearly the last people to leave (I wasn't very good at enforcing an end to the face-painting line). I'm not sure this picture really does justice to what a ragamuffin Naomi was by the end of the day. She had a blast.Last night Matt and I watched "Doubt". I don't think I would have liked it had it ended with any type of resolution; the fact that you are left not knowing what really has happened, and that both possibilities are so deeply chilling makes it just a phenomenal movie.

We also went for a very fun bikeride Friday afternoon, stopping off at Hescher playground near the end. This is one of our favorite things to do together as a family. All of a sudden all the trees have leaves here, and the blossoms in Central Park are to die for. I'd say that means it is finally spring! (Even though today we are back in the 40s).

PS--Only 7 more weeks until the baby's due date. I had a follow-up ultrasound that showed the placenta is still a little too low, but there is at least a 50% chance still that it will move enough in the next few weeks to allow for a normal delivery. Oddly this baby is projected to weigh only 7 lbs at 40 weeks based on ultrasound, though I don't know how accurate that is likely to be. There's nothing wrong with 7lbs, it's just so much smaller than Naomi would have been at 40 weeks that it sounds a little odd to me (especially since I really think I have gained about the same amount of weight as I had this time last pregnancy). We will see. The cutest thing ever, though? You can see this baby's hair on ultrasound already. Hair! Already! It's adorable.