Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Day 6 of Compensation Week...

Thus ends the attempt to cram as many fun semi-free things for toddlers in manhattan as possible into six days. It's been fun! There is a ton to do, and several things have been pushed back to January for lack of time. In fact, we have barely scratched the surface of all the free fun for toddlers that is to be had in the city (especially this time of year). Every escapade is a hassle, but on the flip side you will never run out of exciting places to go, which is the beauty of NYC. Hopefully I will be able to keep my weekends relatively free next semester. We will see. Today we went to Macy's in the morning for Christmas window viewing, a puppet show, and viewing Santaland from afar. We did not stand in line to see Santa. The puppet show was pretty cool, butI would say this event was maybe the least fun overall of the things we have done lately. But it was still fun.



Sleeping on the subway. At long last, I believe I have figured out how to get people to ask me if I would like help carrying the stroller up and down the stairs from the subway (I would!!). Today I walked slowly from the subway to the stairs, and for the first time someone asked me (both times I came out of the subway) if I could use a hand. Usually I walk quickly and nobody offers help. But Rossana says somebody always offers her help. So there is my theory: speed.
Parachute time at "Playgroove", our makeshift music class/playgroup. Today was a blast. We've had sort of a rocky start with the playgroup, but I feel like I am starting to get the hang of how to run something like this. It has definitely improved over time (except during finals and other stressful weeks). Today Naomi spent about 90% of the playgroup really involved or laughing, so it was a definite success.
Matt and Naomi reading a book