Wednesday, September 09, 2009

snapshots

Now that third year has begun, I have two options: 1) Write about my rotations and make this blog private; 2) Turn this into a purely "mommy blog". For now, though I have many things to say about third year and my life in general....I am leaning toward option 2. I just don't think I can be frank enough about third year to actually be interesting. In any case, I like it. IT IS TEN MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN STUDYING FOR STEP 1. For instance, I can sleep at night.

So, Naomi and Sage are doing well. Naomi is only more and more obsessed with doing things by herself as time goes on. We spend a lot of time playing UNO, dominoes, and memory. She prefers to deal the cards and is pretty good at it. And she is actually pretty good about following the rules (I'm a stickler on this point....no exceptions!!), in spite of being extremely stubborn and defiant in most other areas of life. And yet, she's a sweetie. Legitimately. She's full of love, just with a hefty dose of unruly independence thrown in the mix.

Sage is smiley and cuddly and happy. She "talks" a lot, and is very animated when doing so. I think she really adores us all, including especially her sweet (albeit rough) older sister. Of course the feeling is reciprocated.